V8 v3: 1368
Safari 4.0 (530.17)
V8 v3: 1031
Unfortunately I'm not able to test iBench 5.0 on my system since it requires somewhat more extensive setup. Also note that on Sunspider "lower is better" while on the others "higher is better".
So what can we take away from this?
- Sunspider performance between Chrome and Safari really depends on the underlying hardware. Apple's benchmarks show Safari outperforming Chrome by approximately 30%. On my hardware the situation is exactly reversed.
- Chrome still thrashes Safari on Dromaeo and V8, while Futuremark's test clearly favors Safari.
- When we drill down to individual benchmarks, each browser scores some "big wins" over its competition:
- Chrome excels at "3d", "access", "math" and "regexp" from Sunspider, "base64", "code evaluation", "regexp" and "3d cube" from Dromaeo, "complex graphics" from Peacekeeper, and "DeltaBlue", "Crypto", "Raytrace", "EarleyBoyer" and "Splay" from V8.
- Safari excels at "Richards" from V8, and "Social Networking", "Data", and "DOM Operations" from Peacekeeper.